The O.U. Diagnostic Imaging performs diagnostic tests for external patients (affiliated with NHS and in a private regime) and clinic patients and it is divided into the two structures of the clinic: Villa Barbarano and Villa Gemma.
Outpatient activities are carried out a:
- Villa Barbarano from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on Saturday morning from 8 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Villa Gemma from Monday to Friday from 2 p.m. to 3.30 p.m.
Radiological activity can be booked at the Single Booking Center: ph. 0365/298190 from Monday to Friday from 8.30 a.m. to 15.00 p.m. or in person at the counters located in Villa Barbarano in the hours 8.30a.m / 5.00 p.m.
The O.U. has:
- 2 Magnetic Resonances: one 1.5 T Philips MRI located in Vb and one limb scan (open) MRI, 0.2T Esaote located in VG
- 2 Computerized Tomographs: a 64-layer Philips in VB and a 16-layer Philips in VG
- Latest generation ultrasound systems (Philips, Hitachi Aloka, Esaote, G.E.)
- 1 digital mammography unit with VB tomosynthesis + BREAST BIOPSY SYSTEM
- 2 digital X-ray remote controls, one in VB and one in VG
- 1 VB digital hanging stand
- 1 digital VB orthopantomograph
- 1 Portable digital device for Radiological examinations at the patient’s bed and for home radiology service.
- 1 MOC DEXA Densitometry, located in VG
The O.U. is equipped with the latest generation Archive and Transmission System (PACS) for the computerized management of images.
In addition, all radiological services are tracked from the moment of acceptance to the final report, thus avoiding risks of possible identity errors thanks to the perfect interfacing of the management software with the clinical ones (HIS and PACS).
The O.U. is equipped with two Magnetic Resonance equipment:
1) Philips Ingenia 1,5 T located in VB: it is a latest generation high field machine (1,5 Tesla), equipped with a “big-board”, i.e. the diameter of the patient’s entry gantry is larger than on traditional equipment.
The magnetic resonance diagnostic room has been equipped with an intercom for music both in piped music and through the headphones that the patient wears, and with colored LED lights to make the environment more comfortable and the examination, lasting longer than other methods , more bearable. The exams that involve the use of paramagnetic contrast medium intravenously are carried out in sessions dedicated to the presence of the anesthesiologist.
2) Esaote 0,2 T located in VG: it is a low field open machine, dedicated to the study of joints, based on orthopedic diagnostic questions and it is specific for claustrophobic patients.
Studies are carried out both without and with contrast medium of all body sectors:
- MRI of the abdomen and the pelvis
- Joint MRI: all joints (pelvis, hips, knee, shoulder, wrist, elbow, foot, ankle)
- RMN Colangiopancreatografica
- Breast MRI
- Facial Massif MRI and ATM
- Neuro MRI: brain (including cranial nerves, ear, orbits), spine and spinal cord
- RMN prostata senza e con mdc